- Because of the financial nature of our business, our products and services are not designed to appeal to or to be sold to persons under the age of 18. Therefore, we do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website.
What information does Apples For Oranges collect?
- We and any third parties who host or maintain this website may need to collect information about you and your computer to enable you to do so. The information will be collected when you choose to use the services available via the website. We will use the information you provide to contact you by letter, telephone, SMS and email about the potential investment opportunities in regards to ISA accounts. If you do not want us to do this, please do not use this website.
- If you do not wish us to use your data in order to contact you further, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The nature of our business is such that we may on occasion ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998. Where we do so, you agree to that and give your explicit consent to our use of such sensitive personal data for the purposes for which it was provided. We will take appropriate measures to protect such sensitive personal data at all times.
- We or third parties hosting servers on our behalf may also monitor traffic patterns and usage of the website to help it to improve the website design and layout. We will not be able to identify you from that monitoring.
- We are not responsible for any third party offering goods and services via websites linked to this website and what they propose to do with information about you. To that end please ensure you read their terms and conditions carefully.
- We may monitor or record phone calls with you in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly, to resolve queries or issues, for regulatory purposes, to help improve our quality of service, and to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes. Telephone conversations may also be monitored for staff training purposes.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the circumstances described in this section.
- From time to time we use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services (e.g. for call centre and face to face services). Where any service provider collects information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a service provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the supplier or service provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
- We may need to pass your information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop the website but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose and subject to those third parties agreeing to keep the information secure.
- In addition, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related website information to reputable third-parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Legal Disclosure - We may disclose personal data to the extent permitted or required under any enactment, by rule of law, order of the Court, as requested by other government law enforcement authority, to enforce our legal rights, to operate our systems properly, or to protect ourselves or our users.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the course of registering or using this website and any services offered via this website, certain information about you will be captured electronically (including sensitive personal data where required, but this will be subject to you giving your explicit consent in such cases) or otherwise and transmitted to us or and, potentially, to any third parties as set out in section 3, or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining this website.
- How do we protect user information? As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided via this website, to prevent unauthorised access. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal details remain secure, however, we cannot therefore guarantee the security of any information you provide through the website. You agree that we will not be liable for any such security breaches unless we have failed to take appropriate technical and organisational measures against the unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction of or damage to your personal information.
What are ‘Cookies’ and how do we use them?
- This website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave the website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Data subject access requests
- You have a legal right to see a copy of the information we hold about you on payment of a statutory fee of £10 (VAT exempt). You also have the right to correct any errors in the information that we hold about you. Please let us know about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. Further information about data protection issues including the online register of data controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.
Option to discontinue direct communications
- Our marketing emails contain an opt-out. Otherwise, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing material as noted in section 2.3 at any time.